Friday

"Naturally Healthy Naturally Delicious"

Thats the logo of Goldbaums gluten free, all-natural treats! They have a very diverse line of products. I would like to start with my favorite the brown rice noodles. I love incorporating brown rice into my diet and their noodles give me the chance to do that but with more fun than traditional brown rice. I did not know exactly what to expect since I pictured them being very chewy like rice but the texture is exactly what you would expect from great pasta! I made a recipe JUST for these noodles:
Peanut Brown Rice Noodles
Since the noodles were brown rice based I thought a peanut sauce thai type sauce would go perfectly with them! And I was right-- Take desired amount of brown rice noodles and boil for about 12 minutes or until they reach the consistency that you like. Dry them off well so the sauce sticks good and prepare your sauce by first sauteing a few scallions in olive oil or cooking spray then adding a tablespoon of peanut butter until it is well melted. When the peanut butter is ready add a tablespoon of low-sodium soy sauce and a dash of milk for creaminess. After the sauce is ready stir well with your noodles and sprinkle with chopped peanuts if desired.
(Many possible add ins: meat eaters could add some chicken, faux chicken strips, tofu, snap peas, broccoli, sub cashew nut butter and cashews or almond nut butter and almonds) Here is a pic trying to capture the texture:


I love products that are prepared using minimal ingredients and ones that I can pronounce. In this line there are also rice crisp crackers, rice chips and last but NOT least-- Ice Cream Cones! I love Ice Cream Cones-- who doesn't? But I love them plain like a cookie. These are gluten free and very low calorie perfect for snacking. I like to use them for little cups and fill them with nontraditional foods and then eat the cone later, they measure out great portion sizes. Today my cone is filled with trail mix! Iam going to use a couple of the sugar cones to ADD to my trail mix broken up, they are so delicious and not just for kids!