Thursday

Peggy’s Premium Edamame

I don’t even know where to start with this post but Edamame is my new favorite food. I can not believe I was missing out on the joys of Edamame this entire lifetime, now I feel like I must make up for it. I have seen it frequently on menus—offered steamed or lightly salted etc… but it never sounded appealing enough to order. When given the chance to try it at home I was thrilled but was not even halfway in the know about what I was in store for. So I steamed my pre-portioned pouch of Peggy’s PREMIUM (no joke it is premium) right in the microwave at work. They looked totally simple. Bright green with huge pods. They were super easy to pop open the steamed bean popped out so easily. Each pod had a few soybeans in them and they were delectable. Firm but cooked and oh so tasty. So there are tons of foods out there that taste good but how about ones that rival Edamame nutritionally? I can not think of many. Now here are some reasons you need to make these delicious soybeans a part of your diet:

-Edamame are packed with nutrition.
-They contain organic compounds and amino acids essential for good health and are naturally high in fiber and protein
-Beneficial compounds that are found in Edamame include isoflavones such as genistein and daidzein, which act as antioxidants, and alpha-lineolic acid
-A 1 cup serving of Edamame contains 8 grams of fiber, equivalent to 1/3 of the U.S. recommended daily allowance, and 17 grams of protein