Tried and True Sugar Free Granola
As requested by reader B. Garland here is a great recipe that I love for homemade granola. You can make this ahead and store in a container for up to 1-2 weeks, that is if it lasts that long!
Tried and True SF Granola
You will need the following ingredients:
• 6 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
• ½ cup sliced almonds (or nuts of choice)
• ½ cup coarsely chopped pecans (or nuts of choice)
• ½ cup sugar equivalent
• 1/3 cup unsalted sunflower seeds (if desired)
• ½ cup sugar free maple syrup (I also have a recipe to make your own)
• 3/4 cup water
• 1/8 cup canola oil
• ½ cup dried fruit (if desired)
Now preheat your oven to 250. Take your dry ingredients—oats, nuts, seeds (omit dried fruit) and stir them together in a giant mixing bowl. Then get your wet ingredients all mixed together in another bowl (maple syrup, water, oil)—pour this mix over the dry ingredients stirring along the way. It will get hard to stir, make sure all the ingredients are incorporated and plop it onto a big baking sheet (pam sprayed). Spread the layer thin as possible and bake for about an hour, stir and bake for another 30 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Immediately add your dried fruit and let sit until cool. Store once it is at room temperature in an airtight container.