Friday

Make your own syrup!

I was buying the sugar-free maple syrups for a long time but finally discovered how simple it was to just make my own. This is great for topping my carbless pancakes in the morning, adding to oatmeal or as a tasty binder in homemade protein bars/ cookies. I make a giant filled pitcher and it lasts for a long time. I know lots of people keep their regular store bought syrup in the pantry but this must be kept in the refrigerator.

What you will need: a pitcher, blender, maple extract, vanilla extract, sweetner, xantham gum and water.

Fill your blender half way with cold water. Then add 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract and half of one of the small maple extract bottles. Add one cup of sweetner to the mix. Blend. Turn off blender and sprinkle a level tablespoon of xantham gum into the mix. Fill the rest of the way with cold water and blend again. Mixture will get thick. Transfer to picther and enjoy!