Do you love ethnic dishes but don’t have all the spices to prepare them? I had always wanted to make a really great tofu-curry dish but did not have all the right spices or even know where to begin. I recently made a tofu-noodle-veggie stir fry using an Indian Curry sauce by Dulcet. Here is there description of the all natural, gluten free sauce:
We use the finest spices to blend our unique recipe of Madras Curry. Use as a finishing sauce on chicken, fish, pork, lamb or lentils or create a simmering sauce with tomatoes. Great as a stir fry sauce, especially with noodles. Use as marinade on pork ribs or grilled chicken. The best ever Curry Chicken Salad is on our website and there are lots of yummy serving suggestions on the label.
Using their very own Beef & Veggie Stir Fry Recipe from the website as an inspiration I changed it around a bit using the Curry and Tofu versus the beef. This was a hit! Here is my take on the recipe:
Tofu & Veggie Stir Fry
1 block of Firm or Extra Firm Tofu, drained and cubed
3 T plus 6 T Dulcet Indian Curry Sauce
½ t dried crushed chilies
1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 T vegetable oil
1 sm onion, thinly sliced
1 sm red pepper, thinly sliced
1/3 lb broccoli florets – (I added a bit more)
2 T sherry or water – (used water and it turned out great!)
1. Place tofu, 3T Dulcet Indian Curry Sauce & dried chilies in a glass bowl, set aside while preparing veggies.
2. Place wok or large sauté pan over med high heat for 1 minute.
3. Add the beef and cook for 30 sec, add garlic, cook additional 30 seconds, remove from pan & set aside.
4. Increase heat to high, add the oil & onion and stir fry for 2 ½ minutes.
5. Add the red pepper and cook 1 minute, add the broccoli and cook for an additional minute.
6. Reduce the heat to med high, add the sherry or water, cover the pan and cook for 1 minute.
7. Remove the lid, place the tofu back in the pan along with the 6 T Dulcet Indian Curry Sauce, cook 1 minute.
8. Serve over a bed of steamed rice. (I tossed with noodles and a bit more sauce)