Tuesday

Party in my mouth!

ZENmama has gotten totally creative with her granola. Not that she had to think up fancy names to get me to love this granola. The mix I had was called Mardi-Grasnola! Too funny but it seriously was a party on itown made up of the following (items with stars are certified organic):

~ Rolled oats*
~ Seeds: Pumpkin*, Sesame*, Flax*, Pine Nuts, Sunflower*
~ Nuts: Cashews, Almonds, Walnuts, Mississippi Pecans, Pistachios*
~ Pink Sea Salt
~ Cinnamon*
~ Unsweetened Shredded coconut*
~ Wildflower honey (from southwestern PA)
~ 100% Pure Maple syrup*
~ Wheat germ
~ Flaxseed meal
~ Currants*
~ Banana Chips*

The banana chips did it for me. They mixed amazingly with the nuts, coconut, maple hint and seeds. I had never seen whole big chunks of banana chips in a granola before this. The ingredients were wholesome, the granola was filling and there was no added oils and it was sweetened with honey. I have to refer to it in the past tense because last night I got home late and had it as my dinner! So then the next morning I woke up thinking about the tiny bit of leftover granola in my bag, I knew it had to be breakfast. I beefed it up a little bit with some Nature’s Path Kamut Puffs and some fiber twigs since there was not much Granola left. It was a great mix but I was sad to see my party over.